Entree salads are a big hit at our home. They're easy, flavorful and surprisingly filling. I used fall apples for crunch and color along with a smooth butter lettuce bed. Celery and cranberries bring tang and texture to the salad and the with grilled chicken for protein. A drizzle of balsamic dressing ties it up.
Grilled Chicken Salad with Seasonal Apples
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1/2 green apple
- 1/2 red apple
- 1/2 yellow apple
- 2 stalks celery
- 1 head butter lettuce
- 2 tablespoons cranberries
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- Salt and pepper to taste
1. Pat chicken breast dry and season with salt and pepper. Grill for 3-5 minutes on each side until cooked through. Place on plate to cool and then slice or dice.
2. Core apples and slice or dice as desired. Dice celery. Place in separate bowls.
3. Wash lettuce and tear into small piece. Pat dry with paper towels and set aside.
4. Place all dressing ingredients in a bottle or jar with lid and shake vigorously.
5. Assemble salad by making a bed of lettuce on 2 plates. Divide chicken, apples, celery and cranberries between two plates . Drizzle with dressing.